If you are wondering how to restore damaged hair then this is the article for you. Restoring damaged hair is not as hard as you think it is. Here are the guidelines on how to restore damaged hair.
Should you know how to restore damaged hair
Damaged hair is not only manifested by split ends. Severely damaged hair also creates cracks in the cuticle of the hair, increasing the risk of damage and breakage to the hair. Besides, it also makes hair dull, frizzy and difficult to manage.
Most damaged hair is irreversible. The only cure is time, cutting hair and implementing new damage prevention therapies. Proper hair care combined with some targeted treatments will help restore the cuticle and improve the look of your hair. That is why, knowing how to restore damaged hair is crucial since it will help you prevent unwanted situations. Here is the guideline on how to restore damaged hair!
How to restore damaged hair easily at home
Your hair can be damaged in many different ways, from tangles to dry, coarse, brittle, slit ends, etc. Here is how to restore damaged hair in different situations.
How to restore damaged hair that is tangled
No one wants tangled, frizzy hair. Your hair can easily get tangled if not taken care of properly. Here is how to restore damaged hair that has been tangled.
- Carefully comb and untangle: Start at the ends and slowly untie knots as you work your way up to the roots. Starting at the top of your head and tugging at the comb can break your hair and lead to long-term damage.
- Only brush dry hair: You should only brush your hair when it is completely dry because wet hair is easier to nap and has stronger friction.
- Brush your hair less: Brush your hair before shampooing and when absolutely necessary throughout the day.
- Tie your hair: Make a ponytail, braid, or loose bun before doing any messy work.
Properly moisturized hair is less likely to tangle. One of the effective ways of how to restore damaged hair is to use oil. Some oils that can help add moisture to your hair include:
- Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment
- Shea Moisture Kids Extra-Moisturizer Detangler
- The Honest Company Conditioning Detangler
How to restore damaged hair that is dull and dry
Dull and dry hair will make you appear tired and less attractive. Here is how to restore damaged hair that is dull and dry.
- Wash your hair less: Shampoo is designed to remove the buildup of oil on the scalp, so it also removes oil from the hair. You should limit washing your hair to maintain moisture in your hair.
- Use shampoo and conditioner for dry hair: Helps replenish moisture. However, you need to be careful to only wash your hair.
You should also use Jojoba oil since it can help rehydrate hair. Jojoba is often added to conditioners, or virgin oils and is one of the best ways of how to restore damaged hair. Some recommended products include:
- Silk natural hair oil 18
- Nature’s Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Shampoo + Conditioner duo
- Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil
- SEE ALSO: Biotin stimulates hair growth: Dosage and side effects to know
How to restore damaged hair that is curly and frizzy
Curly and frizzy hair is hard to style, especially when your hair is damaged. Here is how to restore damaged hair that is curly and frizzy.
- Rinse with cold water: Hot water will relax the cuticle, while cold water can help shrink the cuticle. Rinsing with cool or cold water can help protect the inner layer of your hair and retain moisture.
- Use the right products: Shampoos that are too strong can strip away too much of your hair’s natural oils. This can cause tangles and frizz. Therefore, you should choose a more moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Rinsing your hair with cool or cold water can help protect the hair’s inner layer and retain moisture
- Try an Apple Cider Vinegar Mouthwash (ACV): Apple cider vinegar can help restore the pH balance in your hair and scalp.
You should also use Argan oil, which is highly moisturizing, rich in vitamins A and E. It can also help prevent breakage and is a perfect way of how to restore damaged hair. Some recommended products include:
- ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask
How to restore damaged hair that is brittle
Damaged brittle hair will make you look tired. To fix this situation is not hard, all you have to do is to follow our guideline of how to restore damaged hair that is brittle down below.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet rich in foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains has many benefits, including healthy hair. Biotin, vitamins A, C and iron are all important for strong and shiny hair.
- Protect hair from the sun: Too much sun exposure can make hair brittle and more prone to breakage. Lighter colored hair, such as blonde and gray, is also more susceptible to sun damage. Therefore, you should wear a hat or use UV protection products before going outside.
- Do not use products that keep your hair shiny for a long time: These products can dry out your hair. Brushing or styling your hair after applying them can also cause hair loss.
- Avoid dyeing, bleaching, chemical treatments, and heat styling: Give your hair a complete rest until it’s less brittle and holds better.
- Try the soak and apply method: Wash and condition as usual. Use a towel to dry your hair before adding conditioner. After you’ve cleaned off the conditioner, add more oil to lock in moisture. This makes it easier to straighten the hair.
Here are some recommended on the oil product that you should consider purchasing you when learning how to restore damaged hair:
- ArtNaturals Argan Oil Conditioner
- Giovanni’s Direct Treatment Conditioner
- Acure Organics Ultra-Hydrating Conditioner
There are many guidelines on how to restore damaged hair depending on the cause.Therefore, you can refer to some of the how to restore damaged hair above to choose the right restoration method for your hair.